Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hot Dense State

For the past few days, I've been watching Big Bang Theory. From the first season, I was hooked with the way the story and conversations were presented and executed. I'm a bit of a science geek (since I was from a Science High School and I'm an ECE) thus, I am really enjoying watching how Sheldon bashes everyone with his  analytic and scientific points while all of his geek friends act as if they were normal - I'm not saying that they aren't. 


Big Bang Theory is one of my inspirations in doing this blog. It's not that I can see myself on one of the characters, but it is more like that I can see myself as one of them. A serious guy - who thinks of himself as a comedian - surrounded by all serious people in this astronomically vast environment. It is a situational comedy that deals with the right comic timing for all the actors to execute. Their lines aren't funny but the actors make it spectacular. 

I have always seen things on a third person point of view and have always preferred a smaller group of (closer) friends. I'm not condescending at all but a bit of condescension wouldn't hurt though.Looking at myself - again in a third person - I can say that I am a very serious guy but given the understanding of the scientific and engineering perspective. I can be funny, all i need is the right comic timing


-Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment